Wednesday, March 16, 2011

First Time Cooking

I don't know how to cook.  For some reason, cooking doesn't interest me.  But I know that I have to do it sooner (or later? At talagang humihirit pa ako! =p) since it's only Kit and I who live at the condo.  For the past 3 months, we were able to live by take out, delivery (since the mall is just across our condo), "baon" from our respective families when we come to visit, and by me frying food.  Yes, yun lang ang alam ko.  Magprito! Pero nakakasawa din pala yun.  Hahaha.

So, last night I decided to cook pasta for the first time.  Tuna pasta to be exact.  I bought penne (this is Kit's favorite), tomato sauce, 2 cans of tuna (original and spicy), mushroom, garlic, olive oil and some basil.  Surprisingly, it was good! (Yes, biased kung biased!Hahaha!)  It was a bit salty, but it was good.  We had 2 big servings each when we were supposed to be watching our diet.  Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.  So the verdict, not bad for a first timer.  =)  With that success (Feel na feel ko talaga! Akala mo nman complicated recipe. Haha!), I have a newly found interest in cooking.  In fact, I've been searching the net for recipes I could try.  And yes, I can finally say that I'm looking forward to cooking again.  I just hope this feeling is not a temporary thing. 

P.S. Too bad I wasn't able to take a picture.  I was so overwhelmed with the feeling of finally cooking something that I forgot to take a picture. Oh well... Next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...