Monday, March 14, 2011

15 Weeks Pregnant

I'm 15 weeks pregnant! Meaning i'm now in my 2nd trimester.  Good thing for i'm now past my "all-day sickness" episodes!  =)

According to baby center,15 weeks of pregnancy is described as:

"Starting this week, any stomach rumblings you feel may be your baby trying out some acrobatics, since she can now move all her limbs. She's also becoming sensitive to light. If you shine a torch at your tummy, she's likely to move away from the beam. Anxious to know whether she's really a she or actually a he? Your baby's external genitals are probably developed enough by now that an ultrasound technician can make a good guess at the sex.

You may not know it when it happens, but your tiny tenant frequently gets the hiccups, which babies master before breathing. Babies don't make any sound because their trachea is filled with fluid rather than air. 

Although you've probably gained between 5 and 10 pounds / 2.2 - 4.5 kilograms, the fetus weighs in at around only 2.5 ounces / 70 grams. It measures nearly 4 inches / 11 centimeters long, crown to rump. Legs are growing longer than the arms now, fingernails are fully formed and all the joints and limbs can move.

If the idea of having a baby seems so remote, nothing makes it feel more real than feeling your baby move for the first time.  Most moms-to-be discern movement (called quickening) between 16 and 20 weeks. If you've been pregnant before, you'll feel things earlier rather than later. What you may first think is a rumbling stomach may be your baby doing some back flips. Make note of when you first start feeling the baby and tell your doctor at your next visit. This middle stage of pregnancy is a good time to start exercising."

How exciting is that! Sometimes I still can't believe that another life is living inside of me.  I can't wait to feel her/him move for the first time!  I hope I can discern though that she/he is indeed moving, and its not just my tummy rumbling.  Now for sure, I'll be more conscious of what my tummy is feeling.  *Baby, sige lang, paramdam ka lang kay Mommy ha. We love you! =)*




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...