Friday, April 1, 2011

Books, books, books

I have always loved reading.  Maybe it's the frustrated actress (Truth to be told, I once dreamt of becoming a theater actress when I was young.  I so love plays!) in me, but I can easily put myself in the protagonist's shoes.  So immersed am I when i'm reading that I always end up crying, laughing, kilig, scared or whatever emotion it is that you're supposed to feel.  And I don't like putting down books when I'm not done with it.  Usually, i finish a book within hours of starting it.  I just don't like the idea of cutting down momentum.

I remember when Kit and I were preparing for our wedding, I asked for a bookshelf in our condo unit.  But due to limited space and with the baby coming, I decided to just leave all my books at my parent's house and make do with our existing cabinet for my new acquisitions.  After all, i'd rather have a play area and storage for baby's things than a display case for my books.  But maybe in the near future, we can have both.  :-)

Anyway, here's a list of books I'm dying to get my hands on:  (Got the pictures by the way at amazon.)


 These books are also called the Millenium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson.  With the catchy titles, good reviews and movie to boot, I can't wait to start reading this crime-fiction series.   


 I loved Albom's Tuesdays with Morrie, so I'm kinda sure I will also love this one.


I just finished Lore's I am Number Four, and I liked it!  I've always been a fan of book series so I can't wait for Lore to finish and release the Lorien Legacies.  This book by the way, will be released this August so it's still a long wait.


When I saw this at the bookstore, I really got intrigued with the synopsis.  It is from the perspective of Jack, a 5-year old boy who lives with his mother at an 11x11 ft room he considers his world.  It is definitely thought-provoking and very intriguing.  I am just afraid that I might get bothered with the story, especially now that I'm pregnant.  Oh well, I will read this after I give birth.
   

Another series.  This actually was suggested by my college friend, Jen.  Kit and I liked the movie so I decided maybe I'll like the books also.  At least, it's something light and fun and can bring back the kid in me.  Plus, this can be Baby's first book series.  :-)

So, what I am reading now?  I actually just finished The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger and I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore and I'm about to start with P.S. I Love You by Cecilia Ahern.  I loved the movie with Gerard Butler and Hillary Swank, so I figured I might the love the book more.   After all, I have yet to find a movie that I loved more than the book version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...