Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Hunger Games Movie

In one of my oldest posts, I've mentioned how I loved the The Hunger Games trilogy.  Such an interesting storyline!  So when I heard that they have plans of making it into a movie, I was excited.  I just hope the movie do the books justice.  

They've also announced the main cast.  Take a look!

Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen, the main protagonist.

     I have yet to see any Jennifer Lawrence films so I don't know if she's a good fit to Katniss' character. Upon seeing her picture (right photo), she doesn't look like Katniss (as described in the book: she has straight long black hair, which she normally pulls back into a long braid, olive skin, and gray eyes) at all.  Good thing other fans created a  movie poster using her picture (left photo) so we can better "see" her as Katniss.


 Josh Hutcherson as Peeta Mellark, Katniss' co-tribute

     I have seen Josh Hutcherson's films when he was a kid, such as RV and Little Manhattan.  Again, i don't think he looks like Peeta in the book ( ashy blond hair that falls in waves over his forehead blue eyes, and a stocky build. He is also very strong as he always carry heavy sacks of flour for their bakery).  But then again, I haven't seen him all grown up. 

 
Liam Hemsworth as Gale Hawthorne, Katniss' bestfriend
     
     I know Liam Hemsworth as the ex-boyfriend of Miley Cyrus.  I loved the book, The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks, and they were the main cast of its movie version.  Though I've seen the movie, it didn't really made an impact to me so I don't remember how he acted in that film.  I just hope he really does give justice to Gale's character as he is my favorite character in the book. 


 There you go.  The main cast.  I really, really hope they give the book justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...