Monday, July 18, 2011

Surprise Baby Shower: Fun fun fun!

Last July 9, I met with my HS friends at Mau's house.  What I thought as an ordinary barkada get-together turned out to be a surprise baby shower for Mylyne (she's almost 5 mos pregnant! yey!) and I.  And to think, Kit and I almost didn't want to show up because of the very bad weather.  Buti na lang, tumuloy pa din kami kung hindi...

So, of course we started the night with dinner! Can I just say Shirley's husband, James, makes a mean cookies and cream cheesecake! And blueberry cheesecake too! Talo pa kaming mga girls... Tsk tsk tsk...  After dinner, Lilette (our barkada president. yes, we have officers. and we have a name too --- C12 and 4M, the crazy 12 and the 4 musketeers.  hahaha!), revealed that it was a shower for My and I.  My and I were really shocked! We weren't the first ones to have kids, but this was the first time that our barkada had a baby shower.  So yes, My and I felt really grateful and happy and excited.  Thanks again guys! =)

The first game was "pin the sperm on the egg".  It was sooo fun! We were divided into groups, one member was blindfolded while the others served as "guides".  The thing was we cannot use any words.  Diskarte namin how we would guide our teammate without saying 'forward', 'left', 'right', etc.  And did I mention there were 3 groups?  So, imagine the chaos that ensued.  Kit's group by the way won! Galing! Hahaha!

Cathy, Kit and Pat in action...
Tatum, Lilette and Mau preparing for battle. =)
Next game was for us two couples, Me and Kit and Mylyne and Tatum.  I forgot what its called but the objective was to have more matched answers than the other couple.  And no, Kit and I did not win.  Hahaha.  Questions were about who do you want your baby to look like.  We got 8/10 while My and Tatum got 9/10.  So still, it wasn't bad.  Hahaha.

the Riveras.  Have I mentioned that we both have Rivera as surname? Galing no!
Next game was for the daddies-to-be, Kit and Tatum.  The game was "who put the diaper better", on Mickey Mouse that is.  Again, we lost.  Hahaha.  Kit was much faster but Tatum's diaper was much tighter.  According to our mommy friends, it should fit just right so as to avoid leaks. 

Kit's finished product.  If it were up to me, it was absolutely perfect! =)
Fourth game was "guess the tummy size".  It was boys vs girls.  And of course, as always, the girls won! (Biased kung biased! hahaha!) Nobody got the correct size of both our tummies, but the girls' strings were closer to the right size than those of the boys.  

my big big belly...
 Fifth game was "baby word scrambler".  We were grouped again (same grouping as that of the first game) and given several scrambled words associated with babies.  The group with the most number of correct words win.  We were given 50 words which we were supposed to unscramble within 2 minutes.  Our group (Me, Pat and Tatum) got 21 words and placed second.  Not bad! Hahaha.

Cathy, Yeng and Mau in serious mode... They won btw.  Got 22 words!  =)
 "Eat whatever's in the diaper" was the last game.  Again, we were grouped and given 2 diapers each.  As always, time is of the essence, and whoever finishes their food first wins.  We got a banana and a BIG raw tomato.  And again, we lost.  Hahaha! Kudos to James for eating 'betamax' that quickly! Galing! 

And then, it was time for the gift-giving.  

a pretty dress from tita shirley and tito james

girly 'onesie' from ninang let and tito pat

cutie socks from ninang mau, tito lewin and kuya migui
 Again guys, thank you so much!  Kit and I truly had a blast.  Mylyne and Tatum too!  =)

cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...