Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Mixed Emotions

I'm now in my 6th month of pregnancy... 26 weeks to be exact.  And as expected, I'm a big bundle of emotions right now. 

HAPPINESS - of course, I'm HAPPY! I'm truly grateful for this wonderful blessing inside of me.  This baby is one of the biggest source of happiness in my life right now.  And really, really I thank You GOD! =)

FEAR - I'm in constant fear of baby not being okay inside my tummy... Of her umbilical cord wrapping tightly around her... Of me not being healthy enough for the two of us, especially for her... Of hurting her while I move or shift around... Of me catching some disease or slipping or falling...  I could go on and on about my fears but it all boils down to one thing:  All I want, just like the other parents out there, is for my baby to be okay, healthy and normal. 


DOUBT - I've always love kids.  But this time, I'm scared and doubtful as to my capability as a mother.  Kit would always say that being a mom would come naturally when Kaelyn arrives, but what if it doesn't?  There are a million "what if's" in my mind right now.  Being a first-time mom, I'm just plain clueless.  And again, scared.

EXCITEMENT - I can't wait to finally see her and hold her and hug her and kiss her and take care of her and carry her in my arms and watch her grow.  In 14 weeks, I will be able to finally do all those things.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...