Sunday, September 12, 2010

OT: The Hunger Games

I know this has nothing to do with wedding preps, but I just wanna share it. =)

I may sound really nerdy, but I love books!  I love reading! Mainly because books allow me to put myself in situations I would never have the guts to undergo in real life. Just like my recent read, The Hunger Games Trilogy. 


The books are great!!! I thoroughly enjoyed reading them! Such a different storyline. Imagine this: 2 teenager representatives ("tributes" as they call it in the books) from the 12 districts of the country Panem, one arena, the Hunger Games... meaning the 24 tributes fighting to death until only one remains.  How different is that?! If that storyline is not enough for you, Suzanne Collins added a love story/triangle that makes it more appealing to her young readers (ahem!).  I for one, was confused as to who I want Katniss to end up with, her bestfriend Gale or her co-tribute Peeta. Haha!

Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark, tributes of District 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...