Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hunger Games Movie: A Hit or a Miss?

As established quite a number of times in this blog, i am a big fan of the Hunger Games books therefore it shouldn't come as a surprise that I was dying excited to watch the movie.  So off we went to Eastwood last Saturday to catch the last full show.  =)

Hmm... Where to start?  The hits first:

--- I love Jennifer Lawrence!  She is perfect as Katniss!
--- I love the reaping scene! It was really close to how I pictured the reaping in my head.  
--- The actress who played Effie Trinkett was also good.
--- And Liam Hemsworth is a good Gale.  He and Katniss have chemistry, even with just a few scenes. 
--- I also liked the hunger games event/battle.    
--- I liked the fact that they incorporated rebellion scenes in some of the districts, District 11 to be exact.  

And now, the misses:

--- A lot might not agree, but I don't like Josh Hutcherson as Peeta.  There simply is no connection, no kilig between him and Katniss.  And c'mon, what happened to the cave scene?!  It was suppose to define the romantic connection between him and Katniss, but sadly, it didn't even scratch the surface for me.  I got more kilig over the few jealous shots of Gale which should not be the case!  I should feel confused as to who I want Katniss to end up with. 
--- I also didn't like Haymitch.  I mean, the movie didn't establish how much of a drunkard he is (which I think is important especially in the next movies to understand what the hunger games do to a tribute winner), and that he only helped Katniss and Peeta when he realized that the two are both fighters and really want to win.
--- They also scratched Madge, the mayor's daughter, who gave Katniss the mockingjay pin.  Yes, a friend gave it to her as opposed to finding it in the hob. 
       
But all in all, I still find the movie good, which is a rare feat considering how good the book was.  So, yes, the Hunger Games movie is a HIT for me. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...