Thursday, January 10, 2019

Undomesticated Nanay

I have changed my blog's header from Sangkay Learns to Write to Undomesticated Nanay, simply because i think the new title fits me more.  I was a former banker, having worked with two of the top local banks here in the Philippines (so yes, alam nyo na kung ano yung mga yun. and yes, both starts with B and have 3 letters in their acronyms. hahaha).  I resigned last August 2017 to formaly join the unemployment wagon and yes, increase the Philippines' unemployment rate.  Joke! Hahaha! Seriously though, i resigned to be... wait for it... a fulltime mom (yay! confetti everywhere!)!  As i mentioned in my previous blogpost, we do not have a yaya.  Before when I was still working,  my husband and I leave our daugher in my in-laws place in the morning and pick her up at night.  It was so convenient as my in-laws live just in the neigboring village.  The yaya there takes care of our daughter and brings her to school.  It helps that her preschool is just walking distance. However, since my daugher is now in Grade 1 and is in a big school relatively far from our place, we can't do that anymore.  Why?  Because 1) my inlaws are old already and we cannot expect them to bring/pick up our daughter from school everyday; 2) we are not yet comfortable in letting her ride the school bus; and 3) even if we allow her to ride the bus, the bus schedule is a bit of a problem.  So I had to resign to take care of her.  Yes, i am the fulltime yaya, driver and maid now.  Hahaha!  But there is another reason and that is  --- we want to have another baby! YAY!!!!!!!! No work means less stress so sana makabuo na kami this time. :)


Sure, it was a big change.  I am used to being financially independent so having no income and relying solely on my husband is a bit scary and unnerving.  Ang mahal pa naman ng buhay ngayon at ang daming bayarin! Kaloka! So, tipid tipid to the highest level.
 
Biggest change however is I am now expected to do all the household chores. Woah!  Sad to say, I know nothing of it.  I grew up with a maid so yes, I was so used to letting her do all the work at home.  When I got married in 2010, my husband and I didn't get a maid since we only lived in a 1-bedroom condo and we felt like we don't really need one.  But it was easier then since we go home  (either to his parents or to mine) every weekend, we leave our laundry there.  They also give us food that we can reheat for the upcoming week. So yes, we were able to manage.  And when I had baby, my inlaws are always there so we really didn't have a problem. 

Now, we transferred to a townhouse with 3 bedrooms and 2.5 baths, and kami lang ni husband and daugher.  Cleaning pala talaga is no joke.  Nakakapagod.  And i don't even know where to begin cleaning and how to clean properly. I mean, dapat ba everyday nagpupunas ng display / dividers / cabinets? Wet cloth or dry cloth?  How about the floors?  Is it enough to sweep it everyday or do I have to mop it still?  And when do I put the floor polish?  Once a week or once a month? I can do the laundry. No problem.  (Yes, kasi may washing machine. Hehe) But i'm having a hard time in ironing the clothes, especially my husband's work clothes.  Ang hirap! 

Oh well, I will get used to it and I will be good at it!  I will be a domesticated mama soon.  Hintay hintay lang kayo. ;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...