Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Of Baby's Things

As my ticker says, I'm now 27 weeks and 2 days pregnant.  Wow, that's almost 7 months, meaning I'm nearing my third trimester already! How time flies! =)

Hubby and I are on the lookout for Kaelyn's things.  We've settled our hearts on a Chicco Cortina (Fuego) stroller, car seat and play yard.  We've already asked his brother and his mom who are now in the States to buy it for us.  Its much cheaper there plus they don't carry the color that we like here.  Can't wait to see it and see how Kaelyn looks like riding in her stroller.  I just hope Kaelyn likes it.  I've heard of stories kasi of some babies refusing to ride in their stroller or car seats.  Uh oh...

We've also settled on buying Avent for Kaelyn's feeding bottles, pacifier and sterilizer.  Like the Chicco Cortina, Avent is so expensive here!!! I just hope they really are worth it.  It just alarms me that they have a lot of negative feedbacks on the net, mostly that it leaks.  But a friend told me that you shouldn't overtighten the lid because that's when leaks happen.  Otherwise, it is highly durable, is BPA-free, gives babies less colic and she's satisfied with it.  So, yes, we're convinced! =)

A month ago, I showed hubby Tommy Tippee feeding bottles at SM Megamall.  But hubby ignored it saying he hasn't heard of the brand and he likes Avent already.  (Side kwento:  Hubby initially liked Chicco feeding bottles but then I introduced Avent and told him that a lot of my friends are using it for their babies and is highly recommended.  He checked it over the internet, and lo and behold, he fell in love with it too.  As in, he would check their site every time!  And check actual stocks at the mall.  Haha.)  Then, a few nights ago, I was surprised that he was checking Tommy Tippee's site.  And yes, he's beginning to like them too.  Especially the pink bottles.  Bagay na bagay daw kay Kaelyn.  =) Like Avent, they are a UK brand and quite expensive here in the Philippines.  The only problem that we see is that only a few stores carry their brand here, it might pose a problem just in case we need to buy additional items or replacement.  Baka laging walang stock...  So now, we're vent on buying Avent. 

We also found this cute magnetic board that you put on cars that says, "Baby on Board" by Safety 1st.  Wala lang, i know its so mababaw, but we really find it so cute! Hahaha!

And of course, Kaelyn's clothes!  She's a girl after all! There are a LOT of cute baby dresses and bodysuits (I actually thought they were called 'onesies', yun pala Onesies is a brand. Haha. Silly me!).  We haven't bought any clothes yet as we thought, its too early.  But for sure, within the month we'll start buying already, especially the ones that Kaelyn's going to use in the hospital when she's born. 

I can't wait!!!!!!!!  I'm so excited to see our little one! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...