Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me

I celebrated my 30th birthday yesterday.  I can't believe I'm in my 30s already.  I used to love saying pa nman na I'm still in my 20s.  Hahaha. Anyway enough of the age talk.  After all, age is just a number. =p

It was different celebration for me in the sense that I celebrated with my hubby alone.  I used to celebrate my past birthdays with my family, but this time, Kit and I wanted to celebrate it as husband and wife only.  After all, its the first time we'll celebrate it as a married couple.  (My celebration with my family will be on Friday so all is well. =))  

We both had to work the whole day so it was just a birthday dinner. We met up at Gateway Mall since he's in that vicinity and its much nearer to my place of work.  We bought some yummy bread at Bread Talk and proceeded to Crowne Galleria Hotel where he would treat me at 7 Corners Restaurant.  A bit of trivia, in our almost 7 years of being together, this is the first time we'll eat at a fine dining restaurant.  Hahaha.  Anyway, let's go straight to the food selection.  Oh boy, was it a lot!  I was sooo tempted to try the crab and the lobster, but since I'm pregnant and is allergic to seafoods, I had to restrain myself.  =(  Side kwento:  I love crabs!  One of my favorites ever!  Eventhough I'm allergic to it, I can't seem to stop myself from eating it.  My bestfriend during those crab-eating days --- an antihistamine.  Hahaha. So back to the food selection... I also tried to stir away from the Japanese food area since I read somewhere sushi isn't good for pregnant women because of the raw ingredients.  So off we went to the steak area.  Kit loved it!  Steaks are his favorite.  We ordered two three steaks and two lamb chops.  Sulit na agad!  We also got some fried noodles and penne arrabiata.  I liked the fried noodles but the pasta was a bit too spicy for our taste.  Oh, but their salad is divine!  You see, hubby and I are not salad-persons simply because we are not veggie lovers.  But last night's salad is so yummy that we had to go for a second serving.  Too bad, we weren't able to try the other selections.  We easily got so full!  So after resting for a few minutes, we went after their desserts.  We tried their coffee and strawberry ice creams, leche flan, strawberry shortcake, chocolate cake and a vanilla cake.  Being a dessert person, I totally loved them all!  I just can't eat more than a few bites because I have to monitor my sweet (sugar) intake.  Oh well...  Definitely, next time! =)

The yummy salad!

lamb chops and fried noodles

penne arrabiata

steak!!!
*Pardon the blurry pictures, i forgot to bring my camera.  =(

Anyway, it still is one of the best birthdays ever!  I have a loving, caring and supportive husband beside me  and the best birthday gift ever, a baby coming soon.  What more can I ask for?!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...